Aleksandrs Vališevskis has been involved into the translation business since 1998 when he started to work as a part-time freelance translator for local translation agencies. He combined this job with studies at the Department of Physics and Mathematics of the University of Latvia, which gave him a solid academical background in technical sciences.
Before graduating with distinction and obtaining his Master's degree in Computer Science, Aleksandrs Vališevskis received a number of awards of academic excellence. Among them are the Charles Babbage Prize of the University of Latvia and the Young Scientist's Award of the Latvian Academy of Sciences.
After graduating Aleksandrs Vališevskis became a full-time freelance translator with specialization in technical translations. Moreover, he is involved into research activities at Riga Technical University, where he received his Ph.D. in Engineering. Besides that he is involved in educating young technical translators and engineers at Riga Technical University.
Aleksandrs Vališevskis is an invited reviewer for the Engineering Letters, International Journal of Neural Systems and for Riga Technical University. Moreover, he is the author of many scientific papers.
- 2006, Ph.D. in Engineering, Riga Technical University.
- 2003, Master's Degree in Computer Science (with distinction), University of Latvia.
- 2002, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (with distinction), University of Latvia.
- Managerial Accounting and Finance, Business Training Centre.
- Payment Card Business, TietoEnator Financial Solutions.
- Brainbench certification in Project Management.